On today’s edition of Urgent Care for Kids Fast Facts, we are featuring our West University clinic. Located in the heart of Downtown Houston near the Texas Medical Center and Rice University, this unique clinic has many fun facts!
West University Fast Facts
- Our West University clinic was our third Houston-area clinic to open, seeing patients for the first time on November 1, 2013. To date, West University holds the record for most patients seen on opening day!
- This clinic serves families in the West University neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods including River Oaks, Bellaire, Briar Grove, South Hampton, and Tanglewood.
- West University has some of the largest exam rooms of any Urgent Care for Kids clinic!
- Like each and every Urgent Care for Kids location, our West University clinic has the capability to treat a variety of bumps, bruises, and illnesses, and has on-site x-ray technology, rapid lab testing, and laceration repair. They also accept most major commercial insurance plans including Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Cigna, and Tricare, and all Texas Medicaid and CHIP plans.
- Maria Mejia (pictured in the bottom photo on the left) is our longest-standing West University employee, joining the Urgent Care for Kids team over a year and a half ago!
- As with all Urgent Care for Kids clinics, our West University location has an online check-in option to cut down on wait time. We also accept walk-in patients, and strive to make wait times as short as possible for each and every family.
- Although our West University clinic was heavily affected by the natural disaster in June of 2015 that caused extreme flooding in our area and other parts of Houston, we were able to remediate the damage within 30 days and open our doors to serve patients again as soon as possible.
Each of our clinics provide exceptional medical care to each of our pediatric patients, along with outstanding customer service to each family we see, and our West University clinic is no exception to that. We are proud to serve the greater Houston area, and if you would like to learn more about our West University site, you can stop by for a tour, or give us a call.