As summer begins, we’re dreaming of days by the pool, picnics in the park, and all sorts of frozen treats to beat the heat! This year, skip the frozen food aisle at the grocery store, and head home to make your own popsicles with your little ones. We found this delicious and nutritious popsicle recipe from www.cookieandkate.com.
- 3 medium peaches (peeled and sliced into ½-inch wedges)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add peaches. Toss with 2 tablespoons honey and a dash of salt. Roast the peaches for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the peaches are soft and juicy.
- While the peaches are roasting, blend the yogurt, ¼ cup honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Add more honey or vanilla extract to taste. Place the mixture in the refrigerator to remain cool.
- Allow the peaches to cool, then add the peaches and all of their juices into the bowl of yogurt mixture. Use a big spoon to gently stir the mixture together.
- Next, transfer the yogurt blend into the popsicle mold. Freeze for 4-5 hours.
We recommend browsing Pinterest for more popsicle recipe ideas, or getting creative with your kids to create your own healthy popsicle by blending your favorite fruits and yogurts. If you come up with something great, we would love to hear about it in the comments below, or on Pinterest.
Happy Summer from your friends at Urgent Care for Kids!
Urgent Care for Kids is the largest pediatric urgent care chain in Texas, serving families in the greater Austin, DFW, and Houston areas. Our goal is to provide every patient with the highest quality medical care and superior customer service at a time and location that is convenient to working parents. We accept all major commercial insurance plans and all Texas Medicaid and CHIP plans in order to best serve our patients and their families. To learn more about our locations, hours, and services we provide, please visit our website.