Telemedicine is helping patients and their families receive the care they need when it matters the most.
It’s true! Integrating technology into everyday healthcare bring a new level of convenience to both parents and physicians. Let’s consider some of the ways VirtualPediatrics can ease the challenges that come with caring for a sick child as a working parent.
- What working parent has not started the day with a sick child to tend to? We’ve all been there. Now picture trying to make a same-day appointment, getting the child ready for the appointment, driving to the appointment, waiting in the office and going to the pharmacy with your little one in tow. Using your laptop or smartphone to speak with a telemedicine provider from the comfort of your home saves time and energy. Our pediatric-trained physicians can even evaluate your child within a matter of minutes. Simply put: telemedicine saves time!
- Is telemedicine cost efficient? The cost of a telemedicine visit should be equal or less than the cost of the office visit and certainly less than the cost of an urgent care or emergency room visit. VirtualPediatrics accepts patients on most insurance plans, including Medicaid, and offers a discounted, self-pay rate of $75. Now that’s healthcare affordability at it’s best!
- How does telemedicine focus on the child’s needs? Not all illnesses can be addressed via telemedicine, but our providers are pediatric-focused in their practices. Should the child require in-person care, we will triage to an appropriate facility. Many insurance companies are now denying coverage for emergency room visits deemed non-emergent, so don’t hesitate to give our friendly physicians a call to ensure you pursue the best and most appropriate method of care for your little one.
- Is telemedicine safe and secure? Yes. Pediatric telemedicine is a new method of care becoming more and more popular across the nation. Your family can rest assured VirtualPediatrics is a legitimate and reliable resource for your child’s select needs. It is the safest place to receive pediatric telemedicine and the only resource of its kind in Texas!
- Will the child get the care they need? Many urgent illnesses can be accurately diagnosed and treated using telemedicine. If needed, our providers can also send your prescription to a local pharmacy. This frees the child and the parent to move forward towards the healing process. The very essence of telemedicine is putting timeliness and expertise in the patient’s and the parent’s hands.
VirtualPediatrics aims to assist all working parents care for their sick children in a timely, efficient, patient-centered, safe and effective manner. We are eager to see our society move closer toward the goal of providing the patient what they need and want, how and when they need and want it through telemedicine.
Urgent Care for Kids is the largest pediatric urgent care chain in Texas, serving families in the greater Austin, DFW, and Houston areas. Our goal is to provide every patient with the highest quality medical care and superior customer service at a time and location that is convenient to working parents. We accept all major commercial insurance plans and all Texas Medicaid and CHIP plans in order to best serve our patients and their families. To learn more about our locations, hours, and services we provide, please visit our website.