Keep the Kids Happy and Homework Ready With These After School Snacks!
When kids arrive home from school, they are often hungry. Cure that after-school hunger with these easy and delicious snack ideas that are filled with nutrients needed for proper growth and development. These kid and parent approved snacks are a tasty and healthy way to end the school day!
Apple Trail Mix “Cookie”
- 1 small apple
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Core the apple and slice horizontally to make apple circles.
- Remove excess moisture from apple slices with a paper towel.
- Spread peanut butter evenly on the apple slice.
- Top with granola and chocolate chips
Source: Almost Supermom
“Ants on a Log”
- Cream cheese
- Raisins or dried cranberries
- Spread on cream cheese.
- Top with raisins or dried cranberries.
Source: My List of Lists
“Sour Patch Grapes”
- 1 pound of green seedless grapes, pulled from the stems and rinsed
- 1 3-oz. package of Melon Fusion Jell-O (NOT prepared)
- Rinse the grapes under water until all are clean and wet.
- Spread the gelatin mix on a plate, about 1/3 at a time.
- Place a handful of grapes on the plate and gently roll each grape in the gelatin powder until it is covered.
- Place the coated grapes into a bowl and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients until all of the grapes are covered.
- Place the bowl and let set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, until the gelatin is set.
The colder these are, the better they taste!
Source: Pure Sugar
Nutella and Banana Sushi
- 2 tortillas
- 4 tbsp. Nutella
- 2 bananas
- Spread the Nutella all over the tortilla.
- Lay the peeled banana on the edge of the tortilla.
- Roll the banana up in the tortilla.
- Cut into slices, and top with strawberries, other fruits, or just eat it plain!
Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) jar of marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit for dipping (strawberries, bananas, grapes, melon, cantaloupe, pineapple, etc.)
- Beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme together.
- Next, add orange juice, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Mix together and chill until serving.
Source: Six Sisters Stuff
Do you have any more ideas for healthy and delicious after-school snacks? Let us know in the comments!